Daily Web Words - 23 August
Note: you are responsible for everything that you type. All of the words that you type will appear above. Due to the nature of Web Words, swear words and other non family friendly words might be valid words, but they will only appear if you type them. If you then submit them they will be visible if you select the option when reloading this page, and they will be highlighted in red when viewing yesterday's word lists.
Note: due to the way that the system generates the random code (stored in a cookie) to save your words (on the BrainBashers server), there is a small chance that this code isn't unique, and either you might see other people's words, or they might see yours. If this happens, then you can get a new code by clicking 'Delete previous submissions'.
All daily items change at midnight GMT (it is roughly 12:04 AM GMT). Change.
Simply type your word, and then press enter. The system will check the word and then update your score. When you are happy that you can't find any more words, you can submit your score (as many times as you like). Submitting your score should update the BrainBashers server automatically.
If you have entered words but not yet submitted them, the system will warn/remind you when you leave the page.
If you submit a higher score that your current best for today the system will store your words. You can later resume your game, and cross-reference the solution word lists tomorrow.
- Find as many words that contain the central letter (L).
- You can only use each letter once.
- However, if the same letter appears twice, you may use it twice (etc).
- Plurals are allowed.
- Proper nouns and adjectives are not allowed.
- There is at least one 9-letter word.
- Alternative spellings are allowed (e.g. USA/UK variations).
The word lists used are graded by how common the words are, to give an idea of the sorts of words here are some examples:
- A - ball, give, ship, slow, week.
- B - atom, cube, hero, quiz, snow.
- C - acre, bunk, grub, hype, tofu.
- D - all remaining words.
For example Target B is to find a score equivalent to all words in lists A & B.
- 3 letters = 1 point
- 4 letters = 2 point
- 5 letters = 3 points
- 6 letters = 5 points
- 7 letters = 7 points
- 8 letters = 10 points
- 9 letters = 15 points
The list of possible words was generated using two word lists:
- SCOWL Copyright 2000-2016 by Kevin Atkinson (Copyright Notice)
- YAWL (https://github.com/elasticdog/yawl)
Note: together they still might not contain all possible words.