Can you solve 3 mathematical questions in 30 seconds? You might need a pencil and some paper! Click 'Start' to see the number you're starting with, and then follow the instructions until you get to the end.
Aug 09 - Easy
Aug 09 - Medium
Aug 09 - Hard
Puzzles Code = 30Seconds-Y0809 = www.brainbashers.com/y0809
All daily items change at midnight GMT.
- HALVE divide by 2 (e.g. 10 ÷ 2 = 5)
- DOUBLE multiply by 2 (e.g. 10 x 2 = 20)
- SQUARE times by itself (e.g. 10 x 10 = 100)
- CUBE times by itself twice (e.g. 10 x 10 x 10 = 1,000)
- ×3/5 find three fifths (e.g. 1/5 of 15 = 3, so 3/5 = 9)
- ×21/3 find two and a third (e.g. 2 1/3 of 15 = 2 x 15 + 5 = 35)
- ×10% find 10% (e.g. 10% of 80 = 8)
- √ find the square root (e.g. the square root of 100 is 10)
I have deliberately chosen not include the answers. You can use a calculator to see the value at each stage of the calculation.
Would you like a (free) Sudoku for a small, local, community newsletter? Or a monthly puzzle for your company's bulletin? Or a range of puzzles for your local newspaper? Or puzzles for a project of any size? KNS Puzzles was set up by my brother (Julian), specifically to provide commercial access to all of my content (current and old). If it involves BrainBashers puzzles, he will try his best to help. Take a look at my contact page for more information.